I am offering a BTEC Safe Road Skills and Attitudes for all the 14 -18 year old in Boston the chance to train for a
The Safe Road Skills and Attitudes has been developed in collaboration with the Driving Standards Agency, with the aim of educating road users and changing their attitudes – including building a sense of personal responsibility and promoting mature attitudes to risk and safety issues. The qualifications therefore are not only suitable for car drivers but also benefit other road users from pedestrians to horse riders.
They will also seek to inform young people on safe road use before they start driving. Learners who achieve the Certificate in Level 1 Safe Road Skills and Attitudes will also be eligible to take the DSA Abridged Theory Test (once they reach the required age).
|Qualification Title||QAN||Credit Value|
|Pearson Edexcel Level 1 Award in Safe Road Skills and Attitudes (QCF)||500/9801/9||7|
|Pearson Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in Safe Road Skills and Attitudes (QCF)||500/9802/0||13|
BTEC Level 1 Award and Certificate in Safe Road Skills and Attitudes
The aim of the BTEC Level 1 Award and Certificate in Safe Road Skills and Attitudes is to promote and build positive attitudes to road use and to help young people to take responsibility for using roads safely. We believe that young people who become proficient road users at an early stage will be able to carry these attitudes and behaviors throughout life. This, in turn, should result in fewer deaths and serious injuries among the young and among road users generally.
Candidates who successfully complete the BTEC Level 1 Award in Safe Road Skills and Attitudes are:
- Gaining important key life skills;
- Building up BTEC credits from the QCF (Qualification Credit Framework)
- Students who go on to complete all 4 Units and gain the Safe Road Skills and Attitudes Certificate should there be enough demand are also
- Eligible, for three years from gaining the qualification, to undertake an abridged version of the Driving Theory test at a discounted cost. The Abridged Theory Test consists of 35 multiple choice questions instead of the usual 50;
- Eligible for Young Drivers’ Insurance at preferential rates with a leading Insurer.
Schools who include the BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Safe Road Skills and Attitudes as part of their extra-curricular or enhanced learning can:
- Demonstrate clearly that the school is actively addressing teenage road safety
Add value to pupils’ experience through extra learning opportunity
- Gain a competitive edge in terms of variety of enhanced learning, important in attracting new pupils .
- Specifically designed as a pre-test qualification, this course focuses around developing good, safe driving attitudes that will last a lifetime. The course includes practical exercises along with a written workbook. Accredited by Edexcel, the course is built around the following units:
- Unit 1 – Preparing for a Safe Journey by Road.
- Unit 2 – Maintaining Own and Others’ Safety in Relation to Vehicles.
This course is ideal as a precursor to the driving theory test as well as for those drivers who would like to improve their understanding of the need for vehicle checks and planning journey’s
This Safe Road Skills and Attitudes qualification is accessible to anyone from the age of 14 years onwards
Cost: £120 including enrolment