My Name is Tony Lane. I am the Driving Instructor of Boston Driving School
I hope that as from 12th April I will be able to trade again
I will not be taking on Learners wanting to use my car just for their driving tests. I expect that students prove themselves able to pass the test by doing a Mock test with me
So please click on this link to find out how I am dealing with Covid 19 and join my waiting list
What makes Boston Driving School different? As a Qualified Assessor Coach and Mentor. I will create lessons for you around what I feel you need and what you ask to be taught. I keep notes regarding what I have taught, and we have discussed to be looked at for the future lessons
Also, I offer FREE Online Theory Test to my students to help them practice for the test. It also allows me to see how my students have marked their questions and discuss any problems.
My students also have access to my FREE Online Practical Training Notes from my website 12drive. Which helps students develop in many ways depending on whatever level of training they find suit them. The website has copies of the Training Notes and Pictures I would have shown the students during a lesson. Along with YouTube videos to help students remember, reflect, on a past lesson and prepare future lessons.
Working alongside the website I have built a Training Matrix that works on many levels on the website. It gives links for various topics I feel might need to be looked at before the driving test. The Matrix can be downloaded so a student can grade themselves to see how well they are doing with the training. I’ve paperwork that can be accessed to give a student a chance to revise, reflect and plan for lessons in writing.
By using different methods of learning students can reduce the number of lessons they will need to pass their test. I have been told by my students they have reduced the number of lessons needed by 3 or more lessons. All that is needed is a little time for a student to help themselves become a Safe Driver for Life
I am not looking at taking on any new students until the beginning of June.
Should I need more clients I will advertise on my Boston Driving School Facebook page.
If you agree to my terms and conditions, then send me your details and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I regret I am remarkably busy now so my new enquires are likely to be waiting for about a month before I can fit them in.
I can be contacted on 07971324173
PLEASE NOTE MY CAR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR JUST DRIVING TESTS Please click here to find out WHY my car is not available for just driving tests
I ONLY TEACH IN A MANUAL CAR PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FIND A LIST OF AUTOMATIC INSTRUCTORS IN BOSTON
I can help you pass your driving test or improve your driving
1. Are you a beginner with no or little experience?
2. Have you had previous training are you partly trained or want to start training again
3. Are you looking to change instructors?
4. Have you failed your test and want to try again with another Instructor?
5. Do you want to start training again, after passing your test and have not been driving for a while?
Why not arrange an assessment lesson to see if I can help you?
Ring or Text 07971324173 to get more information
If after your First Meeting or Assessment with Boston Driving School. You do not like the way I work. You will not have to pay for that lesson
What a client can expect from me.
- I aim to offer the best possible instruction I can.
- I agree to abide by the code of practice as laid down by the Driving Standards Agency.
- I will aim to provide a clean road-worthy vehicle for your lessons and test weather permitting.
- The lessons will be door-to-door and last for at least one full hour.
- I do not smoke. I can only allow customers to smoke while they are not driving. This will mean they have to leave my car to smoke so I can comply with the current legislation.
- Lessons are available between 9.00 am and 8.00 pm Monday to Saturday.
- Intensive practical training can be available with a test at the end. Depending on the client having completed the theory test before taking the practical test. –
- An assessment lesson will be required to determine how many hours are needed and training can be offered. Depending on being able to find mutually agreeable times within the limits required.
- Also having taken a Mock Test to prove their readiness for the Practical test.
- I Agree the student is ready for the test.
- All Students taking a Practical Test will need to prove to me their ability to pass the test by taking a Mock Test & passing a Mock Test with me as the examiner.
- I reserve the right to withhold my car for the test if after the Test has been Booked. If I feel in my Professional Opinion the Client is not ready for the Test. I will agree to give at least 7 days’ notice so a customer can rebook or move their test.
This what a client can expect from me.
This is what I expect from a Client.
- That they agree to give me 24 hours’ notice of cancellations or they pay for a lesson.
- That they agree to be fit to drive when I pick them up from the arranged place and time. If not, then the lesson will be cancelled, and they will have to pay for the lesson.
- Should there be a dispute that we cannot agree on then we will use the Driving Instructors Association as Arbitrator.
I am not the cheapest, but I think I offer the best value for money in my area.
I charge £30 an hour and for students paying for 5 or more lessons I give an extra £1 discount
# driving lessons #drivinginstructor
Boston Driving School Videos on how I can help you
My Facebook Page
How I can help students with Refresher Training
Helping the Partially Trained
I have a number of students who have had to give up for a while. This course after an assessment picks up from where a student has left off
Help after failing a Driving Test
Help for students who have failed a driving test and want extra help
Extra training for students who are at an appropriate level of training who want a chance to find out how to drive on a Motorway
Teaching Non English
I give extra help to those whose first language is not english. If Necessary I can work with an Interpreter. but the test will have to be in English
After The Government’s Social Exclusion Lock
After the Government’s Social Exclusion Lock Down
I feel that many people will be looking at passing their driving test as soon as possible. So, I have relaunched my Practical Training Website. Please visit the website.
The website has a complete set of basic training notes as laid down by the DVSA. To start with there are notes for each set of subjects needed to be understood to pass your Driving Test. Then there is a set of notes to help people who have passed test who want extra information like how to drive safely on Motorways. What you might look out for when buying a second-hand car.
The site allows student to revise information they have covered with their driving instructor. They can then revise, reflect and prepare on the lessons they might have covered or are going to cover with their driving Instructor. There are Pictures and Videos to help with learning. Students can Download a Free Copy of the Training Matrix to help them judge how much they have learnt using a “grading method“.
By using this “grading method” on each of the subjects on the first section of the Training Matrix a student can see how well they are learning and see which areas they need to concentrate more study. The Grading method involves deciding on a number between 1 and 10 that represents the level you feel you have achieved for each subject. By looking at the Matrix a level of learning a student has achieved.
As a student with Tony, if after a lesson you don’t understanding what you did on a lesson then ask? I am happy to help because if you need help, I am not a mind reader.
I have been able to negotiate a special deal for my students wanting to seek private insurance without using their friends or parents insurance with Marmalade Provisional Car Insurance are offering insurance from £1.23p per day
To learner drivers who follow the link on the picture on the side.